Joey's Legacy Boxer Rescue
APPLY TO ADOPT
UNFORTUNATELY OUR WAITING LIST IS CURRENTLY CLOSED, WE HAVE AN EXTREMELY LONG LIST SO ARE NOT ADDING ANY MORE TO IT UNTIL THE NEW YEAR (2021) AT THE EARLIEST.
PLEASE FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR UPDATES ON THIS.
PLEASE NOTE OUR ADOPTION FEES ARE NOT OPTIONAL.
We receive no funding apart from our adoption fee's and public donations, without these we would cease to exist . Adoption fee's go towards paying our vet bills and kennel bills for all dogs and general running of the rescue.
We ask for a minimum donation of £250 for all dogs aged 8 years and under, for a bonded pair of dogs the adoption fee is £350
Dogs aged 9 years old are by donation only.
- Prospective owners must be aged 21 or over
- If you take on a younger dog who has not yet been neutered, you must sign our neutering agreement to have this done.
- We will only rehome to full time workers if there is someone able to go home to break up the day, (or a dog walker etc) as this is one of the main reasons that boxers are handed into us - a bored unhappy boxer will make his own fun out of your furniture!
- Our dogs are not rehomed with their KC pedigree paperwork. They are rehomed to pet homes only.
- As a general rule, no dogs must be left alone in the home for more than 4-6 hours at one time.
- We will consider homes with any age of children, providing we have full history on the dog and we know that the dog has been in a home with children.
- You MUST travel to us to meet the dog - we do not 'deliver' dogs, as we want to see how the dog reacts to you, your children or other dogs and vice versa, there will be adoption paperwork to complete on the day too.
- We will require you to bring any other dog owned by you for introduction to make sure the dogs get along, the same applies with children.
- We do not rehome to homes who have un-neutered dogs, nor will we be connected to breeding. This policy is not flexible, there are many benefits to neutering your dog. Please see our neutering info page for more details on this policy: NEUTERING INFO
- All members of the family/people in the home must be in agreement about getting a rescue boxer.
- All homes with gardens must be fully secured. (please contact us for more info on this policy as each home differs and not everyone has their own garden, we will consider all home types garden or not)
- We do not rehome to people who use dogs for hunting/guarding or keep dogs in kennels/runs or make them sleep outside during the night
- You will not be invited to meet/adopt your chosen dog until you have been through the rehoming process and a successful homecheck has been carried out
- We expect new owners to give the dog a reasonable amount of time to settle and adjust to their new life (at least 6 weeks)
- If an incompatibility arises and you can no longer keep the dog, the dog MUST be returned to us for rehoming and must NOT be passed onto anyone else or any other rescue organisation.
- You must be prepared to pay our adoption fee of £250, for all dogs aged 8 years and under. or £350 for a bonded pair
- Our adoption contract must be signed on the day of adoption. PLEASE READ OUR ADOPTION CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS HERE
- The decision of rehoming is made for the benefit of the dog in question and is at the discretion of JLBRL. We are unable to suggest or guarantee rehome approval until the home check is carried out.